Sunday, October 16, 2011

Paper Sundaes #91 Halloween

'Halloween or Fall' is the theme this week over at Paper Sundaes and there is a $15 gift certificate from our sponsor - Simon Says Stamp to be won.
I have been really wanting to try the "distress ink around a circle moon with an owl on a branch and a spider" technique thingy.
You know what I mean.
I decided that this card needed to be plain and simple.
Unfortunately I was under the misguided idea that this also meant quick and easy.
Not so! (Not happy)
But sometimes you just have to go with your instincts - take a chance - risk it all - have a go - run out of time to make another one!
I decided to combine both theme choices this week  ... this is my 'Halloween' card with a spider who looks like he is about to 'fall'. (he he)


I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Scrapalicious Black Orange and Purple
Paper Crafting Journey #21 Black White and Orange
Fussy and Fancy Fall or Halloween
Crafts 4 Eternity #41 Orange and Purple
Card Makin Mammas #31 Halloween
One Stop Craft #153 Halloween
Dream Valley #18 Halloween
Cupcake Inspirations #132 Photo inspiration

Just popped over to the Paper Sundaes website and saw all of the amazing creations that the girls have made this week. Ohhhh - they are fabulous! Check them out.

15 comments:

  1. You are so funny! I love the orange gradation in the background, mine always look splotchy so super impressed! And I am pretty sure the owl won't let the spider fall far from his mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's very cool. I got a kick out of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - really love it! Simple yet stunning!

    Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    Hugs,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi jenny...I love your card. The beautiful orange colours are so striking.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sponge technique used and the choice of colors as well on your card! Simply wonderful yet spooky! lol

    Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey’s Colour Challenge!

    Kathleen – Guest Designer
    Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plain and simple is NEVER easy lol but your project is just amazing and well worth the effort.Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card and you did a great job creating the background! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

    Hugs
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a striking card, my eye was drawn to it immediately. Great job! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Card Makin' Mamas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this card! Keeping it simple really makes your owl pop...and he is too cute!!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. ADORABLE project! I love it:) Thanks for playing with us at ScrapaliciousUSA.
    Hugs, Kassidy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card ! Thanks for joining us this week at C4E. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love this card. It is sooooo elegant. Very good job
    thanks for playing with us at Fussy and Fancy Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card! The "less is more" works here, and I love the background! thanks for playing along at Dream Valley Challenges :)

    xx
    Khristen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok...I really have to learn this technique...I am loving what i see and you have inspired me to try this sooner than later. Love your owl. I guess me and CTMH or Hobby Lobby will be having a supply date to learn to use the roller and inks. Thanks for sharing.
    http://ohmyscraps2u.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card!! Love how you have dne the background to create the moon!! Thanks for joining us at PCJ this fortnight!! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. It really makes my day and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I would love to pop on over and visit you too.